This is going to be a quicker post and I’ll explain everything more when I get a chance to sit down and write later, but for now, here’s a quick update.
1. I am feeling great, physically speaking.
2. I get to go home today to my parents house. Yay!
3. I have a small hole in what’s left of my rectum and that is what they think caused the abscess, and, because of that. it’s just taking a long time for that area to heal because of how sick my colon was before. Not good news.
4. I don’t get to go back to Lexington because I now have to be back for an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia here in Louisville on Wednesday.
5. I will have to come back weekly for a while to keep tabs on how well the abscess is draining. Also not good news.
6. I am frustrated, confused, and beyond tired of all this and how it just seems to keep persisting. I keep getting closer and closer to the finish line, and, just as I’m about to cross, someone trips me and pushes the line back even further!! That’s pretty much what I feel like.
So, like I said, I’ll give a more detailed update when I have time and energy tomorrow. I just don’t know why this keeps happening, and, when I find myself in this place I know that I just have to hold on to what DO know.
I know that I am a child of God. I have a God who knows where I am and He loves me. My God knows the plans He has for me and they are plans to prosper me, not to harm me. I am more than a conqueror. I am above only, not beneath. God goes before me to prepare my way and walks with me every step. He will never leave me or forsake me. By His stripes I AM healed. The devil is under my feet and no weapon formed against me will prosper. His strength is made perfect in my weakness. And the joy, the JOY of the Lord is my strength!!
THAT I know. THAT is truth. And THAT, no one can take away from me. Even when it looks dark. Even when there is no end in sight. Just because my circumstances are bad, that does not do anything to contradict His goodness. And I trust my God and He IS good.